Journey of a National Guard Soldier going Active

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Out and about

So they gave me PT test, 1 day after get back, and what a surprise, I failed the run. I'm not really surprised. Push-up and Sit-up I always pass, but I'm just not a runner, and with smoking and gaining a million pounds off leave, definitely didn't help the run time. But it made me realize how out of shape and FAT I've gotten. 187 lbs. I've never weighed that much in my life. Man..what the hell did I eat on leave? Oh ya..Everything. So now I gotta slim down. Get in shape again, I'm trying to run 3 miles every night, get back into things. We'll see how things go.

I got scrapped from the last mission, because they said I wasnt M249 or MK-19 qualified...gay. I wanted sooo sooo bad to be back in a humvee. I don't care if it is hot as hell. When I'm in that turret, I feel like I belong.

So now I'm back in a 915 on a convoy that's goin north in a couple days. Which ain't so bad, We're right-seat riding some new replacement unit. Right seat ride is when they sit in passenger seat and go with us on mission, just to get a feel of things, see how shit's ran.

So it's totally creepin my boys out that I tell them that I'm happy to be back, creepin me out too..lol. But I really am glad to be back, get back to what I know and am comfortable with. I guess that's good, to be comfortable with this shit; cuz I know I'll be back at least two more times and then who knows after that, Syria? Iran? N. Korea? Bleh...

Other than that, it's off to the tracks..this mission is gonna be interesting. We got inexperienced soldiers coming, SSG M, from my gun truck unit riding; who is infamously known as the guy you wanna ride with if you wanna get attacked. I swear. This guy's convoys have gotten hit more times than fathomable. He's like a friggin magnet.

Good times...

3 Comments:

Blogger Chevy Rose said...

187 pounds doesn't sound like fat to me unless you're 5'2" tall. How tall are you? Running 3 miles a day in that climate should drain some water out of you for sure. So drink lots.
God bless and stay safe.

8/26/2005 7:17 AM

 
Blogger membrain said...

Just wearing your body armour should take care of those extra pounds. LOL. Glad you likw what you're doing. We like what you're doing too! Stay as safe as you can.

8/26/2005 10:59 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's fat cuz he dont do shit...lazy. and his mellon is huge which accounts for 30% of his body weight....fat fuck.

9/10/2005 1:36 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home